The Pavilion Gardens Project – 2018.
The Pavilion Gardens were laid out by Edward Milner in 1871, but what was the history of the site before that date?
From a search of literature regarding the Pavilion Gardens it appears that the history of the site now occupied by the these gardens is well documented from the time the first of three parcels of land were leased to the Buxton Improvements Company by the 7th Duke of Devonshire in 1871. What is not so well documented is the history of the site of the Pavilion Gardens before that time when it was known as the Serpentine Walks.
This project is intended to trace the history of this area of land prior to 1871.
To return to the main "Projects" page CLICK HERE